• Increased cleaning of public areas and surfaces frequently touched by guests and employees
• Sanitizing points for our guests upon arrival
• Additional sanitation points in public areas and also at entrance of each guest room
• Daily disinfecting of door handles, light switched, remotes
• Fogging of rooms after guest have checked out, followed by deep cleaning using a colour coding system and Covid 19 friendly disinfectants.
• Social distance markers in all public areas.
• Notices and reminders about health and safety protocols are visible for all guests.
• Daily temperature check of all guests and employees, with a no mask no entry policy
• Ongoing training to update team members on procedures and hygiene protocols
• Wash your hands frequently or using our sanitising stations
• Maintain social distance, and wear mask in public areas
• Avoid hugs and handshakes
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
The Village Lodge is a unique and delightful three star guest house situated in the centre of Storms River Village on the edge of the magnificent Tsitsikamma Forest.
We offer 10 en-suite rooms with bed and breakfast or self-catering options. All rooms have tea/coffee making facilities, TV (DSTV Select) & ceiling fans as well as electric blankets on the bed for the colder nights. Heaters are available on request in the winter. Free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms.
Our hearty-breakfast offers a variety of freshly made items and can be enjoyed in our cosy breakfast room or alfresco in one of the outside seating areas. For those who wish to enjoy a barbeque or braai in the evening. We have a large covered lapa with comfortable seating, a place to meet and mingle with other guests. We also have a family lounge and games room for kids and adults to relax and enjoy a selection of dvd’s, a good book or various board games and even an original Pac-Man arcade game! We are only a short walk from several highly recommended restaurants and coffee shops.
The Village Lodge is the perfect base for exploring all that “The Garden of The Garden Route” has to offer. There are a variety of activities available within or close to The Village Lodge. These include Segway Forest Tours, Canopy Tours, The Woodcutters Journey, Zip Lining, Blackwater Tubing, Kayaking and plenty of walks, hikes and cycling through the Tsitsikamma Forest. Reservations can be arranged at our reception. For art lovers we even have a little art gallery where our extremely talented local artists display and sell their works in oils, pastels and sculptures.
The Village Lodge is also a good choice for both pre and post trail accommodation for Otter / Tsitsikamma Trail hikers.
Come and experience the charm of this appealing guest house and the friendliness and helpfulness of Management and Staff for yourself. Come as a guest and leave as a friend!
We pride ourselves as the Storms river backpackers with the most friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms and the best potjiekos in town! If you are looking for backpackers accommodation in the garden route this is a perfect stopover!
We offer a range of accommodation from double en-suite rooms, twin rooms, shared female / male dorm rooms and tented units.