On the doorstep – for the active:
- Segway guided forest tours (riding on a two wheeled electric wonder)
- Blackwater tubing (wild river adventure of rapids, rock jumps and long paddle pools)
- Hiking, mountain biking or guided forest walks. If you’ve got nerve and stamina – the action is on tap!
- Tree top canopy tours (gliding in a harness in the canopy of giant yellowwood trees in the forest)
A hop, skip and jump away:
- A day safari to see the African Big Stuff at a nearby game reserve
- Bungy jumping from the Bloukrans Bridge (an adrenalin rush off the highest bridge bungy jump in the world – screaming is permitted!)
- Zip-lining (harness up and launch yourself into a zigzag over the River, down a ravine and over waterfalls on a fast, 21st century Foofie Slide
Storms River Mouth:
- Boat trips up the Gorge or kayak & kloof or Scuba & Snorkel
- If you are a hiking fanatic – the Otter Trail (must be pre-booked)
- Short hike to the Suspension Bridge over the Gorge then fish & chips overlooking the waves crashing on the rocks below
- Various day hikes are available in the region
- Walk the first 6kms of the Otter Trail and back
Alternatively, if you are looking for a few days of rest and relaxation, soaking up the peace and tranquility, with a good book, or – relaxed activities in the forest such as – woodcutters journey in comfort; birding tours with a guide; or a stroll through the forest at your own pace – the Lodge offers it all.